Have you ever imagined that one day you wake up and surrounds you are thousands of ancient gold-inlaid temples as in fairy tales? Let’s once travel to Myanmar
Burma Myanmar has long been a well-known name to adventurers, but for many reasons it yet a top destination. The first reason could be high cost. We could travel several tourism countries in the region with the same budget as we spend for a Myanmar trip. Unlike Thailand, Myanmar is still lack of exciting nightlife activities, inconvenient transportation as well as modern facilities. But if you carefully search for information and set a specific schedule, you will find Myanmar is quite easy to access, the actual price is not too high. Let’s imagine that one day you wake up early, open your eyes and witness thousands of ancient gold-inlaid temples as in fairy tales like fairy tales, claim up to the highest tower to watch the airship and the sunrise. Why don’t you come to Bagan – Myanmar to feel this!
Note: Myanmar travel experience 4 days 3 nights
– Carry some new dollar notes without any wrinkle or fold because you are possibly not able to make exchange in Myanmar for “ugly” notes
– Pack up slippers, trousers because tourists are not allowed to enter temples in short dresses and must take off the shoes.
– Dress neatly due to the weather in Myanmar is as hot as Thailand.
– Using money bags is not a bad idea because Myanmar usually spends small denominations notes for convenience in trading, you should exchange $ 100 for smaller denominations.
Book flight tickets in advance
Currently, from Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City) to Myanmar (Yangon) there is two airline company exploiting this line are Vietnam Airlines and VietJet Air, the price is not much different (depending on booking time). Price of Vietnam Airlines ticket ranges from 150 USD to 250 USD million VND with 20 kg signed luggage + meal. The price of VietJet Air ticket is about 100 -200 USD, including only 7 kg portable luggage.
My Yangon Journey
– Entry: Down the stairs, you turn left, receive forms, fill information, stamp and done.
– Currency Exchange: Look for the currency exchange counter that has the best exchange rate, remember that the dollar must be new and should exchange $ 100 bill because other denominations will be charged in lower rates, don’t forget to show your passports.
– Buying mobile SIM card: 8,000 kyats for 2G network.
– Move into the city center and go to Bagan
Taxi: This is the preferred means of transportation because there is a sort of public transportation in Myanmar. Taxis will not cost you a lot.
When you arrive at the airport, just exit the airport and go straight out to bargain the price with drivers. The first day, you should spend the entire time visiting Yangon. When the nightfall comes, go to bus terminal station and take a coach moving to Bagan so that you can save a lot of time.
A trip from the airport to Shwegadon Temple, lunch and then back to the bus station to Bagan may cost you from 20,000 to 30,000 kyatt/head (this should be agreed in advance, paid in kyatt, mot not in USD). However, since roads in Yangon is not high-developed so that traffic jams often occur leading to long travel time especially during peak hours.
Shwegadon Temple is a sacred Buddhist monument in Myanmar with more than 2,500 years of history. The pagoda is splendidly gilded, decorated with diamonds and jewelry. The pagoda holds four treasures for the followers of Buddhism: the stick of the Buddha’s Law, the water filter and 8 hairs of Buddha Shakyamuni.
Note: To enter the temple, you must wear pants or long skirts, barefoot.
After visiting the temple, you will be taken to local restaurants for lunch. Price is also quite good, not too much oil. From here, take a bus or coach heading back to the airport.
There are two carriers for you to choose from: JJ Express runs at 20h (get in at 19h30), Elite Express runs at 21h30 (get in at 9 pm). Elite is the first choice because of the same quality that is safe in terms of time, the price is cheaper than JJ. The JJ price is 20,000 kyat, Elite is 16,000 kyat. Here, you should buy a way back the ticket and give the address, now the car picks you up back to Yangon at the Bagan hotel.
Wandering around Bagan
Day 2-3: Explore Bagan
Early in the morning, around 5 am to Bagan
– Take a taxi to the hotel
– Entry fee: For foreign tourists 25 USD / person or 25,000 kyat
– Stay: There are many resorts in the Old Bagan area, the price is okay, range 350-500 USD/ 2 people (including breakfast)
– Travel: To visit the temples, you can use 3 kinds of vehicles: carriages (3-4 people at 25,000 kyats per day), electric vehicles (10,000 kyats), bicycles (2,000 kyats / 8 hours) ).
+ Lawkachanthar temple complex – Thagyarhit – Thagyarpone. In the early sunshine, the old city is covered with sparkling bright red
+ Htilo Mininlo, the exquisite and sophisticated temple built by King Zeya Theinkha.
Ananda is said to be the most beautiful temple in Bagan, with four large gold Buddha statues in four main directions.
Sulamani is a temple built by King Narapatisithu in 1183. Sulamani is beautifully decorated in the walls outside the temple, but is distinct from other temples in term of murals on the walls. ceiling inside the temple.
+ Dhammayangyi temple is the largest temple in Bagan, in particular, the temple has no apex like other temples.
+ Shwesantaw is famous for not only for architectural masterpieces, but also for it is a beautiful place to witness sunset and sunrise.
+ Mya Thida Food & Drink Center: Easy to eat, like Chinese and Vietnamese.
In addition, there are many good but cheap restaurants around Bagan, the price is not expensive. For example: Queen restaurant or Nada restaurant with luxurious scenery, where you will also enjoy Burmese wire puppetry, listening to ethnic musical instruments, delicious food.
Day 4: Return to Yangon
You get back to Yangon. Then take a taxi to the Chinese market, rent a hotel after a long ride, spend some time to buy gifts and go back to the airport.
If you concern about Tips and Guides before traveling, please contact us for more information. Share thisa rticle if it is helpful for you!